For those of us in colder climes, it can be hard to watch our canines shiver out the night. A blanket seems like the obvious solution to this dilemma, but not all dogs are comfortable under one. Thankfully for this segment of dog owners, K&H Manufacturing produces a fantastic thermo-electric dog bed which can make the lives of our pets that much easier and allows them to get a fantastic, well-heated rest.
- Thermo-electric- Unlike a lot of “heated” dog beds, this one is fully thermos-electric. Even better for the prospective buyer, this bed uses only six watts of electricity so it won’t break the bank to keep it running.
- Two Sizes- The Thermo-Snuggly Sleeper comes in a couple of different sizes. The larger of these is only 31” long, though, so it’s not suitable for larger canines.
- Comfortable- The bed itself is a full five inches thick, making for a cozy sleeping place for your companions. It also has bolster sides, which will be particularly liked by those dogs who like to sleep curled up.
- One Year Warranty- K & H manufacturing warranties the bed for a full year. This is particularly important since it’s thermo-electric and shows that the manufacturer cares about the end-user experience.
- Easily Washable- The cover for the bed is easily removed by unzipping it. This allows you to make sure that it gets clean in the event it gets dirty.
A Truly Heated Dog Bed
There’s a lot of “heated” dog beds out there that use a lot of different techniques, but the first thing that comes to mind for most people when they hear “heated’ is undoubtedly a thermos-electric solution. Thankfully, the Thermo-Snuggly Sleeper delivers on that front, using an innovative heating technique that will keep the central pad of the bed heated at about ten to fifteen degrees above ambient temperature.
In addition to the heating pad, the bed itself is well constructed and comfortable. The manufacturer has outdone themselves with this one, creating a heated dog bed which is both comfortable and innovative. Even without the novelty of the heating element, this bed stands out as far as comfort goes.
The only real drawback to this bed is that you’ll have to look elsewhere to find something suitable for truly large dogs. The larger option is only thirty-one inches, and due to the bolsters, you’ll want your dog to be a couple of inches shorter than that. If your dog fits, though, you have an absolute winner on your hands.
This dog bed has been thought out well for the dog owner as well as the dog. The cover and heating element can be easily removed, allowing you to get things clean again without worry. It’s a simple fact that dog beds get dirty sooner or later, and the ease of washing this one makes it user-friendly in spite of the additional electric element.