Do you have an outdoor dog that you wish you could keep warm? If so, these durable, thermo-electric pads are perfectly suited for what you need. Some of us are forced to keep our canines outside for the majority of the day, and that can be a bit rough if things are chilly. There’s a solution, though, and it comes in the form of these simple but innovative heated dog beds.
- Electrically Heated: These beds are warmed using a heating element. This will keep the bed much warmer than the ambient temperature and only uses forty watts of electricity to keep going. Remember to turn it off once your friend is inside for the night, though, or you may have a bit of a jump in your electricity bill.
- Rugged and Ready: These beds are made for use outdoors, so you can be sure that they’re durable. That said, this bed isn’t really recommended for particularly destructive dogs.
- Comfort: The bed is made of orthopedic foam, which is sure to keep your pet happy. It comes highly recommended for that aging dog in your life.
- One Year Warranty: This product is warrantied for a year after you’ve received it. No need to worry about manufacturer mishaps here, so you won’t be out any money if things don’t work out as intended.
- Three Sizes: This heated dog bed comes in three different sizes, with the largest being thirty-six inches long. This makes it ideal for small to medium-sized dogs, but not a good solution for those of us with larger pets.
The Rugged, Outdoor Solution to Cold Paws
For those of us in cold climates, it can be a bit hard to keep our dogs at the ideal temperature for their sleeping pleasure. Despite the abundance of hair on their bodies, it’s quite certain that our canines get cold just as we do and it’s important for their health that they be able to rest somewhere heated when the frost is coming out. A thermal pad can do wonders for their comfort during these times.
This pad isn’t made just for “regular” outdoor use. You don’t want to throw it down in the dirt or anything but placed carefully it’s the absolute best option you have for keeping your pet warm despite the weather. Most dogs will readily love it since the thermostat keeps it at an ideal 102°F.
In addition to the heating features, this bed is extremely comfortable. While it may not take the place of some of the higher-end orthopedic beds available in the marketplace, it can keep your pet comfortable while its outside. For the aging dog, the combination of heat and orthopedic foam is an absolute winner.
The fleece cover for this bed is easily removed in order to allow for cleaning as well. We all know that our beloved, furry friends can make some rather epic messes, and the ability to easily clean this up is fantastic.
That said, the bed does have one primary disadvantage: it’s soft and a dog with a passion for chewing on things will make short work of it. It’s also not really suitable for large breeds due to the limited size options available.