The Outward Hound Kyjen Ripstop dog life jacket is the top-rated dog life jacket according to dog owners. This well-made life jacket has all the safety features doggie parents want with a low price that makes it easy to afford multiples if you have multiple dogs. The most expensive size, the XL, is only about $25 making this dog life jacket something no dog owner should be without. Here’s a quick rundown of the pros and cons of the Outward Hound Kyjen Ripstop dog life vest:
- Price – Compared to some of the other dog life jackets on the market this one is a bargain. It’s a high-quality life vest that gets top ratings from dog owners for durability and fit but the price is affordable for any budget. If you are on a budget but need a high-quality dog life vest this is the best choice.
- Head Support – There is a pocket of extra flotation material at the front of the neckpiece on this dog life vest which boosts the dog’s head and provides enough support to keep your dog’s head above water even in rough or choppy water. This is a great feature to have, especially if you have a small dog that can get tired very quickly when swimming.
- Two Handles – Instead of one handle for easy access to your dog the Outward Hound Kyjen has two solid nylon handles which is more comfortable for your dog and makes it easier for you to grab your dog in a hurry if necessary.
- Neoprene Body Band – Instead of uncomfortable nylon the body band on this dog life jacket is made of weather resistant neoprene which is a lot more comfortable for the dog and makes it easier to get a better fit because the neoprene will mold itself to your dog’s body.
- Safety-Trim – This dog flotation device comes in several different neon reflective color and has large swaths of light reflective trim all over the vest so that your dog will be easy to spot in the water even if it’s stormy out or if the water is not clear. As an additional feature, all of the straps on the life vest are quick release straps and will break if they get stuck or tangled so that your dog won’t get hung up on branches or on the side of the boat.
- Wears Out Quickly – The only real complaint, dog owners have had about this dog life jacket is that with a lot of heavy use the stitching and Velcro patches can come loose. But it’s easy to repair the stitching and stitch the velcro back on. For the low price of this dog jacket, you can buy a new one every year and avoid this problem altogether.